Laurie Cagno Dancing Cantos (9 track EP, debut)
1. Wild horses. Fond memories of sitting on a rooftop, singing and with sunsets in Las Vegas, Nevada. Years later reflecting back, this song danced with my mind, body and soul. Never underestimate the power
of the moon, the stars, the sun, and especially, friendships.
2. I Want to live. When this song was written, co-writer, Todd, told me to image an adorable, playful kitten peeking around a corner. Yes, in mind's eye, she teased us to live, laugh, and love. It was a fun way to approach song writing.
3. This time. The words say it all- “You say, Don’t worry about tomorrow; let tomorrow take care of itself. We’ll sail away to love's perfect world. We'll sail away for all our lives. I want to believe you." This ballad is a gentle call to love again and again. Yes, love is a choice every time and every person has an unique story to share and bring to relationships.
4. Rain dance. A sun shower of spirit and hope-filled waves. The sky opens up and calls all creation to sing and dance with tear-dropped tongues and a renewed spirit of love. “Can You feel it coming?” Check out this version and the bands, From Good Homes and Railroad Earth's interpretations. They are each inspiring to awaken and embrace love.
5. Sweet rhythm. An irresistibly sweet and sultry journey that invites you to hop on board the steamy train of love and carefully ride the rhythm until you get it just right. Love heals and comforts us just in time.
6. Hope like an angel. A reflection of wonder and gratefulness for the personal connections we make with each other. There are angels all around looking for people to bless beyond belief. Who is really paying attention? (Hint, hint, Anthony,Steven,TuckBuckle-UpBillsJoEllen,Larry,Edno&Andy.)
7. Don’t even ask. There I was, a new Waitress at TGI Fridays at the time. After a late night of singing, and then up and out for training. An early morning car accident turned my life spinning out of control into a ten-foot snow bank and all hell broke loose. Ah yes, life's challenges bring us to our knees and up again stronger than ever. Be kind, it matters.
8. Dance, Jenny, dance.This song is about a confident, bright-eyed, ten-year-old girl who lit up a challenging moment at the start of interracial marriage. At the wedding reception no one was interacting, at first. She circulated the room asking each person to dance until the joyful spirit moved everyone. Inspired music and a child’s heart are a perfect match. (Also, George Lang orchestra days.)
9. There’s something.Love can be the answer to some of our prayers and or it can be out of control and confusing. The gift of discernment, regarding intentions is the magic key that makes all the difference to finding true love. When it comes to matters of the heart, clear and open communication is a must. Our whole-lives depend on it. Be love = find love.
Chris, Paul, Laurie, cousin, Gregg Cagno
The Bitterend, NYC
Kings In Disguise and Harpoon Daddies,
Tim Carbone-violin, Chris Farrelly-bass,
Jeff Barg-drums, Paul Maassen-guitar, Edno-percussion?
(Jamie Rickie Farm Stage, Vernon, NJ)
(I love and cherish all of these photos.)
Do you know whose who...
and where are
these photos from?
Website Tour Guide
(Honoring past, present and future)
- Original Music - CDBaby.com
- Think of This (Voice and piano mini-track EP)
- Dancing Cantos,
(9 track EP/debut notes.) (current page)
- Wild Horses
- Dreams keep asking to Dance,
(13 track EP/notes.)
- Love in all it's glory
- Photo History
- Song titles and keys
Review, seven title pages with sub-pages.
At the very top.
Note, waves of musician's credits,
here and there and everywhere.
Krogh's Resturant (Sparta, NJ)
Where and when these songs began.
Laurie, Tim, Paul
Sweet memories standing-in with the awesome grassroots band based in No. New Jersey,
From Good Homes.
Jamie Coan, Brady Rymer, Patrick Fitzsimmons,
Dan Myers and Todd Sheaffer
Also, sitting in is Bobby Hofferman-congos and
Damien Calcane on key boards
Buck Dilly, Tim Carbone, Laurie, Jeff Barg
The Stanhope House in New Jersey
Two real cool people
and tasty bass players
There are songs throughout
this website and social media.
Thank you for visiting, and
sharing with your
family and friends.
Laurie Cagno Creative
Laurie Cagno Witter
Jamie, Paul, Suzy, Laurie, Marty
current drummer for the band, Bovine Social Club
Suzy, Lara, Laurie, David
Outback in the Burbs, Mt. Clair, NJ
Hot-off the sound-waves desk of NPR
"Connecting with the audience is one of Laurie’s great strengths. She’s always been into positive things, like hope, love and healing. Communicating with the crowd, getting that message across. She is a creative artist with
a solid work ethic. Working together on songwriting, arranging and in the studio is inspiring and a joy."
~ Paul Maassen, General Manager, WWNO, 89.9fm, NPR New Orleans, Louisiana,
(October, 11, 2017)
May 2014 R.I.P.
JoEllen Dolan-Livick an extraordinarily talented musician, and woman of substance.
In a photo with her BFF, Frank Noris,
a beautiful singer-songwriter.
Lisa Gonzalez, Lara Gonzalez, Yael Shucom
Marafanyi, dance, song and poetry in motion.
Original Music - Dancing Cantos
Jamie Coan, Jeff, Chris, Paul, Laurie and Suzy
Blue Sky Waves custom painted by Loren Turner
(Mix-o-lydian Studio session)
(Studio musicians, on and off the road.)
acoustic guitar-Paul Maassen
bass-Robert Fensterrmaler (Frog)
drums-Jeff Barg (Tim Carbone on There’s Something)
electric, lap steel, guitars, Hammond-Buck Dilly (R.I.P. January 2015)
percussion-Edmond Norwicky (Edno, R.I.P. 2016)
Piano-JoEllen Dolan-Livick (R.I.P.. December 2014)
backing vocals-Todd Sheaffer & Laurie Cagno
Executive Producers-Paul Maassen, Dr. David Lee Coppola.
Recorded and Engineered by Don Sternecker Mixo-Lydian Studio No. NJ.
Songs written by Laurie Cagno and Todd Sheaffer
Jamie Coan and Todd Schaeffer appear courtesy of RCA Records.
Kings In Disguise appear courtesy of Buy or Die Records
Artwork direction: David Lee Coppola and Brian Nigito
Photographs by, Ebet Roberts, Debbie Burelle and Erin Mills
(Additional credits on EP hard copy.)
Extra-special waves of love and gratitude for studio
and a few of the live band musicians:
Randy Artigliere - bass
Jeff Barg - drums
Gregg Cagno-singer-songwriter, acoustic guitar player
Suzanne Carrington-harmony and co-lead vocals
Chriss Farrelly-bass, harmony vocals
Lara Gonzalez-Marafanyi dance & song in poetic motion
(Yael Shacham and Lisa Gonzalez)
Carolyn Magee-harmony vocals
Billy McManus-organ, soulful vocals (R.I.P-January 2015)
(Thank you for your version of Mustang Sally, Billy.)
(Additional creative features ongoing.)
Life is a dance.
Stories weave in and out of life making our steps rhythm and song.
These songs are written from the rhythm of my heart.
They are my first steps on the journey into beautiful lives
who have touched mine--
Some quickly and quietly, others gently and generously--
creating stories to dance about
The dance of life is complete when my cantos becomes yours
and we light the field on fire! ~ Laurie Cagno
Photographer, Debbie Burelle
Another, rare photo and gem of beautiful person.
(Inside sleeve photos of Dancing Cantos.)
Third photo is with Sissy, Jeff's beloved bride.
Dancing Cantos (Debut EP)
1. Wild Horses (3:17) (Capo IX, B major)
2. I Want to Live (5:14) (C major)
3. This Time (4:39) (Capo I, G major)
4. Rain Dance (5:06) (G major)
5. Sweet Rhythm (5:28) (D tuning on 6th string)
6. Hope Like an Angel (4:11) (Capo III, Gm)
7. Don't Even Ask (4:53)
8. Dance Jenny Dance (3:16) (C major)
9. There's Something (2:46)
Review song titles and keys sub-page,
under - Original music.
Songs written and arranged by,
Laurie Cagno co-writer Todd Sheaffer
and co-arrangements with musicians.
@copyrights USA, registered BMI
See details regarding, New Music in route
under - Potential Partnerships.
Some fun photos from
Jeff and Sissy's wedding.
D.L.C., Larry DiBari
and Buck Dilly play guitars on some live
and recorded music from the two CDs,
Dancing Cantos and
Dreams keep asking to Dance..