Dreams Keep Asking to Dance (Second entire EP)
1. Mystery Lady (4:23) (D major)
2. Into the Night (4:00)
3. Crazy Without You (3:11) (E/A major)
4. Love and all it's Glory (3:38) (D major)
5. Peace of Mind (4:12) (G major)
6. Fly Away (3:59) (Capo III, E flat)
7. Calling Your Name (3:11) (C major)
8. On my Mind (3:37)
9. Visions (6:58) (Capo III, C major)
11. Wavering (2:48) (Intro E - G)
12. No Time to Rush (4:00) (D minor)
13. Still Calling (1:30) (C major)
(Recorded at Mix-o-lydian Studios in Northern NJ)
Review song titles and keys sub-page,
under - Original music
Songs written and arranged by,
co-writers, David L. Coppola, Paul Maassen,
and co-arrangements with musicians.
@copyrights USA, registered/BMI
See details regarding, - New Music in route
under - Potential Partnerships.
(I need to work on
another photo of Chris, and
bass player, Randy Artiglere
and others too.)
Laurie Cagno - Dreams keep asking to dance (13 track EP)
1.Mystery Lady.A call from our souls to be our true selves to be whole, happy, and to live in our true essence on destiny’s path. Yes, mystery lady showed up at one of our performances and the next day this song arrived.
2.Into the Night. Percussion takes us on a journey into deeper, mysterious, tribal dance and song.
The lyrics, “Follow the trail of your heart. Listen closely to the wind. A lion in the darkness waits to take you in”. This song calls us into the day and nights of dreams and visions. I give it my best to trust my intuition. That small clear voice from within reveals and confirms and guides the way.
3. Crazy Without You. This is a fun-loving pop style song. Letting people into our hearts and what it sometimes feels like when we miss them. Yes, relationships are about give and give. Mutual love and respect to be interdependent. An addition to each other.
4. Love and all its Glory.A harmonious blend of instruments and vocals. This song is a call to love and be loved. "Listen to your heart sing."
5. Peace of Mind. Yes, a man walks into...There I was a waitress and tending bar in a lovely French restaurant...and a distraught, quiet man walked in and sat down at the bar. After a little warm up time, he told me he did not want to live anymore...that he needed to rest. We talked for a while in between customers on down time before my second wait-shift. Feeling badly for him, I ran to my car for my copy of
The Prophet, by Kahlil Gibran. I gave it to him, we said a little prayer and off he went. Never saw him again.
I hope he is okay, alive and well. At home that night this song arrived, as tears flowed the entire time.
6.Fly Away. Instruments weep too. After years of pushing and pulling, honestly trying to make sense of unresolved emotional struggles regarding the music business and achieving some dreams and goals, I finally learned how to shift things by making better decisions. And, yes I am okay how ever destiny completes. Standing tall heart-centered on solid ground is key. One day at a time we grow into knowing who we truly are and why we are here. Be happy and gentle with yourself and others.
7. Calling Your Name. Love hurts until it stops. A friend, aka, Fred heard his next door neighbor, aka, Ricky, calling his wife’s name Lucy very loudly in the middle of the night. Oddly enough Lucy was also Fred's wife's name. Ricky and Lucy were in the middle of a divorce and apparently Ricky was relieving parts of the traumatic events in his dreams.
8. On My Mind.Love is wonderful when it’s wonderful. “Sweet, smooth, black lace over you, over me.” Embracing more ways of celebrating the good, some bad and yes sometimes, ugly. From my perspective the glass of life is full in reality and on fantasy island.
9.Visions. True friendship is where this songs of live begin. And prayers for the world need only begin with a mustard seed to grow healthy and whole. "Today, it makes a difference how I walk." Thankful.
10. You’re The One. A contemporary pop song. "Mirror, mirror on the wall" reflections of love transform us. I believe even in a broken heart we are complete; body, soul, spirit. Keep your loved one's near to heart. In a minute things can change. (Reference navigation-bar, Welcome Home Page - In Loving Memories. The truth hurts and yet can free us.
11.Wavering. Wailing electric guitar by our dear friend, Larry DeBari. And, this song was my response to Madonna’s book. What can I say, it is how I felt at the time and still do.
12.No Time To Rush. Through thick and thin and across the miles friendships endure. Loosing track of time I love staying up all night talking with loved ones quietly enjoying the sunrise. Don't you just love it when this happens?
13. Calling Your Name. Bonus track of voice and piano. So much has happened, at times, I really don't know where to begin sharing my story. Ah, life.
We dedicated this album to the so talented musician "tuff guy" Larry DeBari, acoustic and electric guitars. (We miss you, R.I.P.) A man of gentleness, patience, and kindness. A musician of incredible talent, power, and passion. A faithful friend who made us laugh and cry; A dreamer who reminded us to live and love joyfully.
Dreams are the sparkles of life that keep us believing we can fly. Dancing through the clouds musical stars calling our names the wind caressing us like golden threads and sweet smooth black lace. These songs are some of my dreams. They come from a deep life giving well that keeps asking to dance with my past and future to reach in and out, to liberate others with joy. It is a wonderful feeling to share our dreams with those who really care. I hope these dreams will keep asking your heart to dance with hope, your spirit to believe in love, your mind to embrace the possibilities and your body to desire more.
Review in Music Head Magazine:
Laurie Cagno has a voice as soft as silk and as strong as steel. A gifted performer voted Northwest New Jersey Best Female Vocalist Award. Laurie is a vocal powerhouse with an incredible dynamic range.Her energy is barely controlled and always contagious. Listen to Laurie Cagno and before you realize what’s happening, the power of her music will weave its way into your heart and rejuvenate your body and spirit. Combined with Laurie’s poetic lyrics, the result is an almost mystical style that is difficult to pin down in one category. Her songs range froma powerful combination of musical tastes, closest to what I would identify as contemporary rock and country roll with a few tasty ballads scattered in for seasoning. -Bill Nutt
Website Tour Guide
(Honoring past, present and future)
- Original Music - CDBaby.com
- Song titles and keys
- Think of This (Voice and piano mini-track EP)
- Dancing Cantos (9 track EP/debut notes.)
- Wild Horses
_ Rain Dance
- Dreams Keep Asking to Dance,
(13 track EP/notes.)(current page)
- Love in all it's Glory
- Photo history
- In Loving Memory of cherished musicians
- Musicians supporting musicians
Review seven title pages with sub-pages.
Meet waves of wonderful artists,
musician's and credits,
here and there and everywhere.
Original Music - Dreams Keep Asking to Dance
Jamie, Jeff, Chriss, Paul, Suzy, Laurie
Mixolydian Studios - Northern NJ & PA
Giving my best to include musicians in and out of the studio from both CDs and demos.
Contact Sound Waves
Colorful, reflective story filled songs for all ages.
Waves of life the artists' way around the world.
For a short and sweet journey surf over to LaurieCagnoMusic.com
Face Book pages:
Laurie Cagno Witter
Laurie Cagno Creative Writing
Laurie Cagno Music
(CDBaby digital partners.)
In love speed, one step at a time
getting to know each other.
Enjoy surfing all the waves up,
down and over for adventure and entertainment.
The first and only time, on a make-shift stage,
I accidentally fell off a stage, while jumping up and down during my song, Dance Jenny Dance. Yes, the band kept right on playing and we all kept singing, lol..
For about a minute, felt like forever.
You could hear a pin drop.
Tim, Laurie, Frog, Jeff, Paul and Edno
To the left and right of Todd is, Edno sitting-in.
Unfortunately, shortly after this shocking to many,
Endo Norwicky passed away, R.I.P.
We were very sad to here this news.
and, glad we were there for this moment in time
for hugs and songs that sooth the soul..
Lara Gonza;ez-lead percusionist, Lisa G., Yael Schucam
Marafanyi percussion, dance & song
Dreams...EP Photographer, Erin Mills.
With a keen eye for essence;
she is a beautiful talented artist.
David L. Coppola, and Larry DeBari on guitars.
Rusty Springfield on bass,
Suzy and Laurie and Lara, vocals and percussion.
Over there, to the right,
is the Lake I grew up on.
Why and who is in the chilly October water, behind
the raft keeping it steady for this photo shoot?
1999, R.I.P. Larry DeBari.
We miss you and think of you often. Lucky heavenly realms.
Dreams Keep Asking To Dance (studio credits)
Laurie Cagno-lead vocals, backing vocals
Suzanne Carrington-backing vocals
David Lee Coppola-acoustic guitar
Larry DeBari-electric guitar, (R.I.P. 1999)
Lara Gonzalez-percussion (Marafanyi dance & song)
Marty Paglione-drums 4,5,8.
Special Thanks to Tim Carbone-violin 1,4,10,12
Jamie Coan-electric guitar, mandolin, violin 5,6,12
Glen fitten-rigg & doumbe 1
Paul Kucik-bass 2,4,5.
Billy McManus-piano keys (R.I.P. 2015)
Bill Miller-drums 2,4,5 (R.I.P.)
Don Sternecker-mellotron, keys 2,3,7,11.
Ned Strogh-percussion 2,3,4,8.
Erin Mills, and Debbie Burrelle, Photographs
(Additional credits on EP hard copy.)